Friday, July 19, 2013

Build: Day 1

Okay, so I got home from work around 6:30 and more or less jumped into this.
Sanding the boards... about 3 hours of "fun". 


What had I sanded so far...

What was still left to go.

A lot of the boards had stencils on them. 

Ten minutes, an electric sander and  a lot of elbow grease later...

After my wife got done with the first coat of stain.

Another vantage point. 
Cutting the risers turned out to be a major undertaking, with a lot of hand cutting and fudging and measuring and... well, it was a lot of work. I spent two hours chopping up pipe before I realized I was short couplings, so I need to grab about a dozen more tomorrow at Walmart. 

The ones that had couplings got painted. it's not black, actually, but a metallic "brushed bronze" 




What was left of the 12' pipe after I was done chopping it up into the 18 risers I need. 

And yes, it was night by the time that last photo was taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment